Conference on “Water Diplomacy: Building Bridges for Lasting Peace”
The Geneva Water Hub is pleased to invite you to a High-Level Conference on « Water Diplomacy: Building Bridges for Lasting Peace ». This High-Level Conference is taking place in the context of the Geneva Peace Week.
The High-Level Conference will cover the multiple challenges of the nexus between water, peace and security both from the science, legal and governance standpoint. It will include three segments:
- Threatened critical water infrastructure and peacebuilding;
- Transboundary water cooperation and local governance mechanisms;
- Legal frameworks to support global water diplomacy.
The objectives of the Conference will be threefold:
- To discuss the opportunities of water as a resource for peacebuilding;
- To address good practices of water management mechanisms to prevent tensions at the local and international levels;
- To assess gaps and the need to elevate water in the international legal agenda.
The event organizers include The Geneva Water Hub/University of Geneva, UN Environment, GeoExpertise - Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies and Rally for Rivers.