Conference on “Water Diplomacy: Building Bridges for Lasting Peace”
This event contributions included:
- Presentations abstracts
- Mara Tignino (Geneva Water Hub) on-line and slide presentation below.
- Atila Uras (UN Environment) on line and slide presentation below.
- Yuri Jain (Isha Foundation) presentation.
- Ahmed Haj Asaad (Graduate Institute of International and development studies) slide presentation
- Erika Weinthal (Duke University) slide presentation
The Geneva Water Hub is pleased to invite you to a Conference on "Water Diplomacy: Building Bridges for Lasting Peace". This Conference is taking place in the context of the Geneva Peace Week.
The Conference will cover the multiple challenges of the nexus between water, peace and security both from the science, legal and governance standpoint. It will include two segments:
- Threatened critical water infrastructure and peacebuilding;
- Transboundary water cooperation and local governance mechanisms.
The objectives of the Conference will be twofold:
- To discuss the opportunities of water as a resource for peacebuilding;
- To address good practices of water management mechanisms to prevent tensions at the local and international levels.
The event organizers include: The Geneva Water Hub/University of Geneva, UN Environment, GeoExpertise - Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies and Rally for Rivers.
The Conference programme and poster are available below: