In fulfilling its mission of advancing the global hydro-politics agenda to better understand, prevent, facilitate and/or mediate water-related tensions between competing uses, between public and private actors, the Geneva Water Hub promotes partnerships with relevant actors. These include academic institutions and international think tanks, as well as UN and non-UN organizations and agencies.
The Geneva Water Hub collaborates closely with five on-going initiatives being developed in parallel:
- Scientific Research Network, coordinated by the University of Geneva.
- Global High-Level Panel on Water and Peace, for which the Geneva Water Hub acts as the Secretariat.
- Group of Friends on Water and Peace
- Art for Water and Peace
- Facilitation (intersectoral and transboundary)
- Hydro-Hub, the Global Hydrometry Support Facility - developing the Global Hydrometry Support Facility of the World Meteorological Organization (WMO)