"Into Dust" Screening
UPPON REGISTRATION ONLY
Following the latest decisions of the Swiss Federal Council coming into effect on 13 September 2021, only people with a valid COVID certificate (by QR code) will be able to attend the event.
INTO DUST is a narrative film that tells the true story of Perween Rahman, a community advocate who stood up to Karachi’s water mafia, and was murdered - reveals the inequalities stemming from the global water crisis (more about the movie). Through a screening and panel, we hope to convene traditional and non traditional water sector stakeholders including policy makers, private sector, and those from the arts, highlighting collaborative solutions at the international and national level illuminating the need to link the success of interventions to fairness and equity in water distribution, in alignment with the objectives of SDG 6.
The programme of the screening event is planned as:
- 18:00 : Doors open
- 18:30 : Welcome remarks - a few words from the organisers
- 18:40 : "Into Dust", the movie
- 19:20 : Panel discussion (short remarks reflecting on the movie + Q&A) in the presence of
- Mr Pedro Arrojo-Agudo, United Nations Special Rapporteur on the human rights to safe drinking water and sanitation
- Mr Orlando von Einsiedel, Director of "Into Dust" and founder of film production company Grain Media
- Mrs Natasha Carmi, Geneva Water Hub Lead Water Specialist
- 20:30 : Conclusion remarks
You can register for the event here.